Supplier of Premium Ingredients to the Food, Nutritional and Pharmaceutical Industries
Organic Agave Inulin Powder
Contains NLT 90% FOS Prompt from Stock
Agave Inulin vs Chicory Inulin and Jerusalem Artichoke Inulin
The main advantages of agave inulin versus chicory and artichoke inulin are:
1. Agave inulin is organic. The agave plant does not contain GMOs, pesticides, and is grown and harvested in an environmentally friendly manner.
2. The agave plant is a much hardier crop than chicory, ensuring a reliable supply of inulin product each year.
3. Agave inulin has short and long branched chain fructans. This is a key attribute because agave inulin travels through the small intestine and only decomposes in the large intestine.
4. Agave inulin is helpful in feeding good bacteria (bifidobacteria and lactobacillus) from the beginning to the end of the bowel system.
5. Nutralliance offers inulin options from agave that could be used as a fat replacement or partial sugar replacement.
6. Agave inulin works in synergy with most gelling agents.
The FODMAPs are fermentable short chain carbohydrates that are not absorbed well in the small intestine and tend to ferment in the colon. Inulin from agave contains a Polymerization Degree of 16. The intake of FODMAPs varies according to the regions, but a diet is typically considered poor in FODMAPs if it contributes less than 0.5g per intake or less than 3g / day.